my pavlova

Saturday 4 June 2011

Bounty cake for hubby's birthday!!!


Well, even I was taken by the Bounty cake so why not do it for my husband's birthday? I found this recipe easy and very good I must say it was much appreciated I'll do it again!
Here the recipe...

ingredients:

230 gr. of flour
165 gr. butter
165 gr sugar
50 grams of milk
4 eggs,
1 packet of baking powder
35 gr cocoa powder

for the coconut filling:

130 g desiccated coconut,
130 gr sugar
a lightly whipped egg white,
2 teaspoons cornstarch
40 g of double cream,I used coconut milk for more intense flavour.

to cover:

200 gr. of dark chocolate;
200 ml of double cream
coconut to taste


method:

As always, turn the oven to 180 degrees.
First you must prepare the filling ... in a bowl mix the coconut, double cream, sugar, cornstarch and egg white lightly whipped.
Beat eggs with sugar, add the soft butter and mix, then add flour, little by little, milk, cocoa and mix again ... and finally the baking powder.

Take the baking pan (I used one of 20 cm of diameter), pour half of mixture over this ... .. put the mixture of coconut ... and then pour the other half of dough.

Bake in preheated oven at 180 degrees for about 1 hour and to make sure the cake is fully baked use the usually skewer in the middle!!!

Prepare the cover ... in a water bath you melt chocolate with double cream. When the cake cools pour the ganache and sprinkle with coconut.:-P

No comments: